View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #16
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

What is confusing me in this particular situation, and this may just be because of the way the article is written, is whether the school was acting based on what was actually occuring or based on what could potentially occur.
I snipped a bit...

I also had a hard time with the wording of quite a bit of the story...from what I got from the story, PRIOR to his outing himself there had been some negative attention from his peer group in regards to his possible orientation. Was his outing of himself an attempt to call attention to the harrassment already occuring in a way that the School/School District would "have to do something", or a somewhat misguided attempt to give his peers a greater insight into the whole person he is, rather than the label they were attempting to give him?

I too wonder how the story will unfold, and if there will be anything further that is "newsworthy". I hope for his sake he has wonderful and loving parents, I did...but so many do not.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: