Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
The part about being gung ho on outing him is where I think we fail our children by not being invested in them like we should be. (I bet if this was a dog story more folks would put their noses in it) If the child starts showing signs of abuse, or if he suddenly *disappears* ANY sign that the news was received in a negative way, as counselors, teachers, school workers neighborswe should pay attention to what is happening to our children. CPS, the Police, any official that has knowledge of a child that could possibly help any child out especially our gay youth since they seem to end up on the streets so much.

I also think that *facilities* or any kind of religion mumbo jumbo that is used in an abusive way, manipulative way, hostage forming way should be SHUT DOWN and they should be charged with some form of crime against the children..

No amount of electro shock praying is gonna take the gay away, we are who we are, the devices, methods, lies that are used to try to do so should be against the law.....

There's my rant on that thank you for listening
You may be right about the dog part.

I pretty much agree with your whole post. I just think the school should have handled it a little differently. I AM glad, though, that they were intent on helping him and not ignoring the issue of bullying. Very glad. Sadly, they seem to be in the minority on this subject.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 12-15-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: