imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I have. A couple of times. the last time I lost my job, my wife, my cats and my house and I was living in a different continent with no family (I lost my inlaws which were my family over there).

I'm home again after 15 years and I own four pieces of furniture (bed, desk, dresser, bookshelf) and all my stuff can get easily packed into a minivan. with room. I'm in school and I'm broke.

You adjust. Thing is, I've done it twice before. Lost everything. I know it's very possible to pull yourself back out. But you need friends and a sense of self. I no longer give a shit about "stuff". Even family photo albums. I know it may seem hard and weird, but really, the only thing there is, is me and the people I love and love me back. People who make me safe, even when I am sleeping on their couch for the 15th time.

The hardest part, out of everything is the losing and watching it go. That was the most terrifying thing, the first time. But, when you have lost everything you get some serious perspective and tbh I have more peace and contentment now with my lack of things and lack of stuff or a relationship, than many people who are well off with a long term partner.

It takes a while to find your core. but what doesn't kill ya, really does make you stronger. You'll make it. It will be hard, it will suck, you will think you can't do it, but then one day you realise you were doing it from the first day after the loss.

"Fuck it" is a really good book to read in a crisis. I highly recommend.
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1848500130?tag=tfkil-21&camp=1406&creative=6394&linkCode=as1&creativeAS IN=1848500130&adid=0KZJETJ4JEGKVBXP78D8&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefuckitlife.com%2Fshop.h tm"]F**k It: The Ultimate Spiritual Way: Amazon.co.uk: John C. Parkin: Books[/ame]
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: