Old 01-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #15
Erryl

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Erryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST ReputationErryl Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you so much yall. Sorry it took me a while to get back to a computer.

The cat, Malice is fine. She didn't like it but she wasn't hurt. No one was and that is the biggest blessing in the whole world.

Bliss, that is great advice. It's easier to hold my head up now and breathe. I'm moving on to acceptance I think.

Dude, I KNOW! I have gotten so many messages from people who have lost family in fires and it's so awful. I know all I lost was stuff. We are all very lucky to be alive.

Silver, thank you for your understanding. It sucks that you have had to start over before too. ((hug)) It's hard to sit with it and just let is out since we are all on top of each other but we have had a few cry sessions and we are starting to work through it.
I asked her is she wanted to talk to someone about it but she's not ready to. She won't go look at it either, which I completely understand. She did tell me that she was scared to have another home, it might burn down too. Her sense of security is shattered. My wife assumes me that in time it will come back once we are stable and have a home.

Honey, I'm not real attached to most stuff. When I cry it's about the loss my daughter has. The furniture was just furniture. OH! We got our fire safe open and my backup harddrive is FINE. So, we have all our photos. The old fmaily pics are gone but the ones of my daughters life are fine. Those are the "things" I'm attached too. My daughter is different. She's a kid... ya know... they deeply with a passion love their objects. We got her a couple little things and she understands it's going to take time to get her stuff.

Happy, you're right. It can only go up from here!

Jagg, that is just awful! thank you for your service!! That pisses me off though, you didn't deserve to be treated that way. I'm so sorry!
It's about time someone told me that it was okay to be weak for a day. I needed a good cry and I got one yesterday. We all sat together and just bawled. We know it's just stuff. We know it can be replaced but people don't seem to understand that what I'm crying about isn't a sofa. My daughter lost everything she owns, her sense of security and our independence. It hurts to lose even just your stuff. I think it's reasonable to be upset for a bit. I'm a tough broad and I know we can get our family past it but that doens't mean it doesn't suck. Thank you for understanding and I'll let you know in 5 years how incredibly insane awesome my life is, because it will be!

Blonde, Tex, Late, ((hug)) Thank you.

Candy, I'm so sorry that you went through this too!! I've gotten so many messages from people who have been through it. I was surprised by the number of people who have been through fires.
My heart breaks for your pet. :,( I'm so sorry. There's nothing anyone can say...
It sucks that you lost your art. The short in the wiring happened in my art/craft room. What a room to start in.. I"m sure once all the scrapbook paper and photo albums caught there was no hope, no matter how fast the FD had gotten there. So so so many art supplies for all kinds of arts and crafts. My paintings, scrapbooks... but I've got my pics so I really can't let it get to me. I'm really very lucky to have them. You're right about the people. I never knew anyone honestly cared so much. People have come out of the woodwork in the last couple days offering support and encouragement. I'm really in a much better place than I was the other day when I wrote this. It's going to get better a little bit every day.

Julie, I have SO MANY questions for you but I will try not to pry. My daughter's happiness is the #1 thing for me. She said to me that she is scared that when we have a new home (apartment is our plan but "new home" for us is anywhere) it will burn down too. She's afraid to own anything because she doens't want to go through this again.. and it breaks my heart.
I can't thank you enough for telling me your story. I hope and pray that Aurora will be strong and that she can move on from this. She's so scared.. she watched it from the road out front of our house. She just kept begging me to tell her it wasn't real. I wanted to so badly. My heart feels so broken over this for her. All a mom wants is for her kids to be happy and taken care of. She's horrified, sad and homeless. I feel like the worst person in the world for not being able to give her a place and her things this very second!! I know it will take time. We will get there. We are a strong family. I'm sorry for rambling a bit there...Just thank you. ((hug))

Thank you Bulldog, I'm saving that quote.