Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,160 Times in 3,633 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erryl View Post
Julie, I have SO MANY questions for you but I will try not to pry. My daughter's happiness is the #1 thing for me. She said to me that she is scared that when we have a new home (apartment is our plan but "new home" for us is anywhere) it will burn down too. She's afraid to own anything because she doens't want to go through this again.. and it breaks my heart.
I can't thank you enough for telling me your story. I hope and pray that Aurora will be strong and that she can move on from this. She's so scared.. she watched it from the road out front of our house. She just kept begging me to tell her it wasn't real. I wanted to so badly. My heart feels so broken over this for her. All a mom wants is for her kids to be happy and taken care of. She's horrified, sad and homeless. I feel like the worst person in the world for not being able to give her a place and her things this very second!! I know it will take time. We will get there. We are a strong family. I'm sorry for rambling a bit there...Just thank you. ((hug))
Erryl,

Time does heal. I promise you that and Aurora will heal. She has the blessing of youth on her side and two Mom's who love her.

When I was 16 years old, we lived in Mexico. We were traveling and my father was tired and didn't tie down our suitcases to the roof rack very well. They fell down a ravine. ALL of my belongings were gone. Most important to me, was my journal. It was my journal from when I was young after the fire. I was so angry and hurt that he could be so irresponsible. Two times in my young life, I lost everything.

My anger and loss was short lived both times. Youth has an amazing way of healing us. I did not think about the journal or other things lost, even my most precious possessions from our fire for very long. Sometimes (at 51) I wish I had my journal, to reflect back. Instead I have my memories and most of them are good.

The nightmares, if she has any... They will go away too and she will be okay. Just keep the lines of communication open and give her permission to curse and yell and scream (no doubt you already do). This time for her can turn into an adventure.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post: