CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

This weekend was the once a year International Motorcycle Show here in NYC. I always get so jazzed up, even when the show is just so-so. All the new models are on display, and you can sit on everything. I'm just bursting with thoughts about all things motorcycle related, so I decided to start a thread.

I ride a Yamaha '01 FZ1, an '04 R6, (track-only), and an EX500 as a spare street bike. I used to have a bunch more bikes in my backyard, some of which could have been coaxed into running with a little time and patience, but they were drowned under 6' of salt water in Hurricane Sandy. I'm thrilled that I saved the three running bikes.

I started riding in San Francisco in 1981. A friend taught me to ride in a parking lot, and I almost immediately took off for home, (NYC), on my first solo cross country ride. It was a glorious, circuitous amble up, down, and around the U.S. and Canada. Learning to ride a motorcycle was about the best thing I ever did for myself.

I'm a founding member of the Sirens Women's Motorcycle Club in NYC. We've led the NYC Pride Parade every year since 1987. I'm the founder of a political organisation that works for riders in New York. We work on issues such as rider safety, parking, lane-sharing legislation, etc. I'm also a track day devotee. That means we take our bikes to the racetrack and ride around all day just for fun and skills enhancement. (No racing allowed.) I'm a track day instructor for Fishtail Riding School.

The object of my lust right now is a BMW S100RR. It's got electronic everything. I don't understand any of it, and I don't care. I rode one at the track, and I've never looked so good. That bike made me ride like a superhero. I want one!