laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I started riding only a couple of years ago after my partner died, I decided that life was too short. Plus I hadn't been allowed to ride before that. hahaha

I bought myself a 2003 Honda Shadow American Classic Edition. Similar to the one in the picture except mine was all red and chrome. I loved that bike.

Unfortunately last summer I slid it off the highway. I hadn't eaten all day and we had been riding for hours. I zoned out and was onto the shoulder before it registered that it was a corner. I was very lucky as it was a soft shoulder and I was wearing all my gear. A couple of broken ribs a small bit of road rash on the hip and the expensive repairs (I didn't want to go through insurance as a new rider, it would have cost me more in the long run).

When I first started riding I took a course that the guys recommended. They had a lot of women there and they were excellent. It helped a lot.

I sold my bike before my move and was gong to replace it when I got out here but now I am moving back and most likely won't have time to ride for a while with all that is going on there. I will ride again though.

I would like something a bit smaller, I have weak hands and I struggled under the weight of that bike.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post: