CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
This was funny - and it reminded me that while I taught myself how to ride, I also took a motorcycle safety course. I was in the Navy and at the time, the only way you could ride a motorcycle on base was (s) if you wore long pants, hard soled shoes, a helmet, long sleeves, a reflective vest, and goggles; and (b) if you took a motorcycle safety course provided on base.

So I took the day-long course and got to learn quite a few things that helped me to be safer out there while riding - I still remember most of it.

-----

I had been riding for quite awhile before I finally took a course. When we started the Sirens we made a rule that everyone had to have taken a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course at least once in order to join. Those of us who were already members took it as a group at a school where one of our founding members was an MSF instructor. I had no idea how many things I had been doing wrong! I've been eager to take classes and hone my skills ever since.