Old 06-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
Because if I want to read a thread about makeup, it's irritating to me when other members attempt to micromanage what they think we should all be discussing.
I typed out a whole long thing and then came back to see that you had said it all in one line. Well, two lines, I guess depending on screen size.

Yeah, a lot of threads start off as one thing and end up going off in tangents but there's usually something redeeming in the mix of it all. It almost never fails that someone comes in and tells us what we should be talking about rather then just contributing something to the conversation we're actually having. So yeah, I get kinda tired of being told we're doing it wrong.

I also think I often try so hard to not take things personally that I go so far in the opposite direction as to be really irritating. I know it often comes across as if I'm speaking for other people or absolutely everyone when it's really just me trying to understand without internalizing. I also find myself posting from a theoretical level more often then a personal level so I've been trying to change that yet find some type of balance. I also find myself so very conscious of wording things in ways so as not to be offensive to someone that my posts often end up water down to say not much of anything. Or, they end up with so many qualifiers that the point gets lost.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post: