View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Russian Punch

Hey Diva and all, I recently started reading up on some older or vintage cocktails. I made this one over the weekend. It's not overly sweet but you can up the sugar if you'd like. This was invented at the Russian Tea Room in NYC in the 1930's for the Russian ballerinas that frequented the bar. It's pretty nice on a hot summer night (or hot spring night if you live in the desert).

How to make:

2 oz Vodka (I used Ketel One but apretty prefers the pricey Chopin)
1/2 oz Crème De Cassis
1/2 oz Full Bodied Jamamacan Rum
1/2 to 2 Teaspoons Super Fine Sugar
1/2 oz Fresh Squeeed Lemon Juice

Combine the sugar and the lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and shake until sugar is dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and ice. Shake up and pour into a sugar rimmed glass with more ice. I garnished mine with a large spiral of orange peel. Drink and enjoy! Cheers!

Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post: