Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar View Post
I never spend change. I hate digging for it so I put it in a jar until it adds up and then I wrap the coins and put it in my savings. I also have an online savings account and every pay check I have an amount automatically transferred to it from my checking so I don't really see it. I do the same with my 401.

I also try to only buy food that's on sale. I make a list every Thursday and stick to it. Anything that's on sale I stock up on, divide up and freeze into individual portions.

I also have an excel spreadsheet with a 5 year budget but so I can see times that I might run short on cash

Ok now that's just crazy
Jar your 5 Yr budget planned out is awesome. It is much easier to plan when you know where you are.

Red and I are not brand specific when it comes to a lot of different foods, so we will use coupons on top of sale items to purchase items for less.

I recently downloaded Ibotta and just yesterday alone I collected an additional $6.50on items they had listed that we bought and the money was deposited into my pay pal account before I even got home.

The stores on Ibotta have the exact same offers so you do not have to drive across town to purchase an item. All of our stores on our list are pretty much with in a 3 -4 mile radius so we do take advantage of a sale item that is at our Homeland grocery store because they have double coupons up to $1.00. There have been many items for the holiday meals that we ended up paying pennies compared to the normal price and they are on my ibotta.

I have all of my store reward cards on an app called keyring making it so easy to use them all.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post: