Old 07-08-2019, 08:49 AM   #21190
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amulette View Post

** There is a part of me that agrees.
ME TOO ! but I do think it is important to move around a bit, stretch, bend, take walks, all balanced by decent and proper food intake, etc. I don't believe in jogging (never understood jogging), exercise bikes, gyms, etc.

I did do quite a bit of sports when younger, and still have those muscles in my legs.

Human beings are rather fragile, and one should know one's limits. When younger, we think we are immortal, and sometimes push the body past its limits, causing damage which only comes out much later. So, if I can say anything, it is to listen to your body. When tired, I take naps!

Because of meditation, I have also understood that the brain is just a biological organ as well, and that it can wear out eventually when always being in use, in the exact same way that a motor/engine in a car wears out as well. Like the doctor said, everything wears out eventually. So, having a mind, one contacted the brain and told it not to register anything that wasn't a real need, which it did! That way, I maintain a minimum activity in "brain" activity, which keeps me alert, calm and also helps my body, which usually requires about 7-8 hours' sleep. I think that overactive thinking will kill a person - shorten their life needlessly.

I take a page out of my grandmother's book who lived well into her 90's, that when she ate something which didn't "agree" with her, she just stopped eating it!

Go gentle into that good night!
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: