How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,620 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

No, this is not good at all.

If Greece shot down a plane every time Turkey violated it's airspace, I doubt Turkey would have many fighter jets left.

I can only hope the US and the West in general condemn this action by Turkey. That might satisfy Putin and he will be able to back down from this and still save face. But since this is the response from the US so far, I can only surmise Russia is in for a bumpy ride. Chalk one up for the Islamic State terrorists.

"Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a Pentagon official told reporters in Washington that the U.S. was uninvolved in what had happened. “Our Turkish allies informed us that their military aircraft shot down a Russian military aircraft near the Syrian border after it violated Turkish airspace on Tuesday,” the official said. “At this time, we can confirm that US forces were not involved in this incident.”

Putin is understandably a bit pissed off right now.

“Our pilots and our plane never threatened the Republic of Turkey in any way. This is an obvious fact,” Mr. Putin said ahead of a meeting with Jordan’s King Abdullah II in the Black Sea resort of Sochi. “Today’s loss is a stab in our back delivered by the accomplices of terrorists. I cannot find another wording for what happened today.”

"Mr. Putin said Russia had always treated Turkey as “a friendly nation,” but pulled no punches in outlining what he saw as Turkish complicity in the rise of Islamic State, which he referred to by the acronym ISIL. “ISIL has big money, hundreds of millions or even billions of dollars, from selling oil. In addition they are protected by the military of an entire nation. One can understand why they are acting so boldly and blatantly. Why they kill people in such atrocious ways. Why they commit terrorist acts across the world, including in the heart of Europe.”

What I can't understand is why the US and the West continues to support the countries that fund and arm the terrorists that attack the West.

Here is the article where I got the quotes.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle27449031/
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: