View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 06:43 PM   #546
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Last weekend I finally caved and started watching The Handmaid's Tale. OMG ... how depressing! Yes, it's very well made and very well acted... but still ... with all that's going on in this country now... damn!!

I did the same thing not too long ago and had the same reaction. I got through three or four episodes and that was all I could handle. It was extremely well acted and written but in today's political climate, it's all just too real. I remember seeing the original so long ago and it seeming very surreal and science fiction like, but not so much this time around.

The last excellent show I watched, besides the new season of OITNB was Killing Eve. Wow, that was the best thing I've seen in a very long time. I highly recommend it.