View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #31
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Cyn View Post
While I didn't think it was one of the worst movies.. I do have to agree that I didn't really enjoy the daydream sequence.. I also didn't like that they left her poetry out of the movie...

I do think that other than those points, they did a fantastic joy if translating the book into film.... It was probably one of the most honest translations that I have ever seen.

I don't ever want to the movie again..
Ms Cyn, I agree. I thought they did a really good job translating the book into a film. But it's not a movie I'll want to watch again. I knew about the book and had read some reviews of the film. I had a pretty good idea about what I would be watching. I wouldn't say it was a pleasurable movie experience, in fact while watching the film I got very uncomfortable at times. Sort of like how I felt while watching Schindler's List. Very moving, very well acted but incredibly sad.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post: