View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #59
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Blue sparkly notes for tonight: Mikhail Bakhtin & Russian Tea

It was so nice to see this forum thread in my files tonight!

A big thank you to Sparkle for sharing her very beautiful places ...
I have heard about the 12 Apostles from friends who have been
fortunate to visit this beautiful rock sanctuary on the Melbourne coast!

_______

I wanted to leave a special post tonight in this forum...

I've been reading a bit about a Russian philosopher of language, literary critic and semiotician Mikhail Bakhtin and his ideas around dialogism, carnivalesque, and his Philosophy of the Act: Bahktin makes three claims regarding the acknowledgment of the uniqueness of one's participation in "being:"

1) I both actively and passively participate in being;
2) that my uniqueness is a given but it simultaneously exits only to the degree to which I actualize my uniqueness;
3) Because I am actual and irreplaceable I must actualize my uniqueness.

(reference)

Liapunov, V. & Holquist, M. (Eds.) (1993). Mikhail M. Bakhtin's Toward a philosophy of the act. Translated by: Vadim Liapunov. Austin, TX: Austin Texas University Press.

SoOOoOoOoo,

Here's a little quote I found while perusing some materials at the library today:

True open seriousness fears neither parody, nor irony, nor any other form of reduced laughter, for it is aware of being part of an uncompleted whole (...) it does not deny seriousness but purifies and completes it. Laughter purifies dogmatism from the intolerant and the petrified, from fanaticism and pendantry, from fear and intimidation.

--M. Bakhtin

Someday....
I would love to visit Russia but until I am able to, I am happy to leave a photo here tonight of a beautiful place I would love to see one day...

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: