Old 01-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #22
Diva
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Diva
Preferred Pronoun?:
Diva

Thanked 17,180 Times in 5,238 Posts
Diva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST ReputationDiva Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4Texas View Post
Wow! What a great lot of art lovers you are! I have enjoyed the posts and the wide variety of art represented.
Several years ago I went to a traveling MOMA exhibit that came to Houston. There were many famous paintings including Starry Night by Van Gogh. I had seen the painting many times in books and frankly wasn't a huge Van Gogh fan. But as I stood in front if it, you could see every single brush stroke and suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion. It was like I was standing there watching him paint it and you could feel the raw power, love, pain and desire for perfection all in one moment. I actually started to tear up right there in the museum. I have never felt that way about a piece of art before or since, and feel it was one of those rare moments in life when your soul is truly touched by something.

Yes!!!!

I had the same reaction to Renoir's Water Lilies Series....the museum had benches down the middle of the room so You could take it all in (they're huge....maybe 8' high X 25' long!! ). I remember having to sit down and just weep.

I wasn't alone.

Art is powerful.

Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diva For This Useful Post: