View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Hey there, t. unless i've missed the link, could you put it here so I can take a look at your text design? I'm not sure if you mean that, or actual content, but I'd like to see both.

Ladyface gave good tips on exercising personal writing style. I have an approach, too, but I'll see what you've got first, if I may.

I think personal style is one of my writing's greatest strength, but I also think it's hard to nail down what it is even when you've got it. A few readers have described mine to me, so I might be able to help pull out yours.

taps
thank you tapu and 1ladyface
i'm going to go over my current content and try your technique and see what manifests

no link posted yet - my website is for my small business and not a personal website or blog
i'm not sure what the planet's policy is so i think i should wait for now.

i try not to use my own voice because i like to use short one or two line, fortune cookie like sections instead of paragraphs and i don't like to use the shift, tab or a lot of the punctuation keys

not very professional at all

what about appealing to the widest audience possible - finding that balance that will connect with visual, intuitive and aural thinkers

bah - there should be a simple scientific ratio
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tonaderspeisung For This Useful Post: