The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Interesting situation in my Blog hits lately:

I have one or two hits a day that show the incoming link as part of "google open social blah-blah," which often shows up when someone with a blog also on google hits me.

These were looking like someone might be using a proxy because each hit was from a different country: Italy, Germany, Slovenia (is there even still a Slovenia?), UK, South Africa. One came in from Luxumbourg, and I was like, "Gee, buddy, what's the other guy in Luxumbourg doing while you're on my blog?"

Anyway, I was able to trace a few down and it would seem that they are all from blogs in a spanking ring! As in, straight guys wanting women to spank them. They're very explicit sites.

I'd figure it was one of the random weirdnesses of the internet, but I'm wondering about how unrandom it might be. Certainly I know more than what I figure the average person might know about such a thing. Did some connection get made somewhere and I'm not aware of how? Bleh.

Also, I do participate on an international fetish forum. Just definitely not that one. Could things, though seemingly unrelated, come through there???

I figure if anyone will know, we will. Anyone know?
It's possible, if you advertise your blog there. Additionally, keep in mind that this particular forum, IIRC, is open to guests (not all of our forums are but this one might be).

That said, it's likely spammers. They just want to post random crap on your blog in an attempt to advertise whatever it is they are selling or promoting (kinda like the guys who leave fliers under your windshield wipers at the mall). Just moderate your comments and check afterwards.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: