Old 07-11-2017, 06:15 PM   #130
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I might be having a bit of shock.

I cut my nails down last night after wearing them super-duper long for the last couple of years. (like, close to an inch long at times)
I wanted to give my nails some time to rest before I start up with the overlays again so, for now, it's going to be all about shape and nourishing and painting them all sorts of fun colors.

*sigh* My nails grow fast so it won't be long before they are talons again but needless to say... HUGE change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i am SO overdue for a Pedi... and i may actually get a mani for the first time in about 10 years .....one day.. maybe...
If the two of you are up for something new....at least to me....maybe consider trying the dip powder nails.

I also cut my nails really short...and they also grow super fast so it won't be long before I'll be doing this again....but I just got a new type of mani with the dipping powder and it was unusual. So far, it's got PERFECT coverage...no missed cracks or crevices and it's smooth as a baby's bottom. Nice and shiny too. The color I chose is like a greenish ocean color and it has a little sparkle to it, which I love. Supposedly, these will last as long as, if not longer, than typical gel fills. Also, it's much better for the environment and they apply vitamin enriched sealants to the nail so it's better for your nails too. Here are the benefits.

The 'air dry' is, literally, 5 minutes and it's bone dry.

It's only a smidge more than my usual mani too.

The ONLY thing I have to say that isn't all 'hip hop hooray' about it is that sometimes, when I push against the side of my nails, it feels a little like a gel that's loosening its bond. Not bad, per se, as all seems well. Just a little weird. I feel like the kid who is pushing on the back of her loose tooth from time to time but the mani is holding up very well so far and it's been several days since I had it done.

NuGenesis Dip Powder Nails

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 07-11-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: