View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #34
DamonK

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,881 Posts
DamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST ReputationDamonK Has the BEST Reputation

Not to confuse anyone here...

As MBE said, I am a Switch. However, being called "Damon" instantly brings out the dominance, the Daddy, the Sir, the asshole -- whatever you want to call me when I'm "him".

Therefore, to make it easier, if I'm in the boy headspace, and don't need to be yanked out of boyspace, I'm called "J". Yes there's an entire name with it, but... well I have to have a FEW secrets, yanno.

So, speaking as J for now...

Is it difficult at times? Hell yes.
Does it get confusing at times? Hell yes.
Overall, do I love being able to be both? Hell yes.
Have I thought of giving it up -- the switching? Hell yes.
Would I give it up? Hell no.

Why is this?

This is not the correct thread, but as some may know, I have bipolar. My moods experience ups and downs that I can't control. The meds help me.

For me, being a switch is the "med" for my dominance. I get stuck in topspace and drop into an almost-depression when I come down from topspace. The submission allows me to balance.

I can't dominate all the time. I can't submit all the time.

Do people look at us like we're nuts? Yeah fairly regularly.

Do the same rules apply for me? Yes. If, as a boy, I do something wrong, I get punished. I have assignments. I have things I'm supposed to do. I do my best to get everything done.

How do we keep the distinctions separate? Very, very carefully. I'm supposed to journal regularly in order to check in. I switch from Sir to boy for approximately an hour every couple of days to check in. If there is something planned that is a special treat that I would enjoy as a boy, I switch. For example, a trip to the zoo. Gotta see those tigers. Gotta GET one of those tigers but I keep getting told no.

Being a Switch is a compromise. I suppose you could think of it as having 2 relationships. We don't have any real "set" times that I'm dominant and she's submissive, or vice versa.

It depends on the day, the situation, and our surroundings.

J
DamonK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DamonK For This Useful Post: