View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #1021
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I haven't tried slack lining, didn't even know it was a amateur activity. Sounds like fun though. Both that and the unicycle would be fabulous for balance and core strength.

Since we sometimes miss the mark and end up with minor injuries. I wanted to share something although I'm not sure this is the thread for it. Some of you know I'm pretty far down the rabbit hole on nutrition and physio so sometimes I trip over something of interest. I have for a long time adhered to R.I.C.E as instructed for acute injury but have often wondered about the contradiction with the Asian approach of alway using heat and massage as the first line of defense on injuries. I do lots of the older approach for chronic things but there has been controversy brewing for a couple of years on this whole ice or not thing for immediate response.

I saw this video of a discussion on the debate and thought I would share it. The fellow who is presenting is a PhD physio (PT) even if he doesn't sound like it. The video is 25 minutes long and also gives a simple explanation of the basics of tissue repair and the lymphatic system. There is another follow up conversation that happened one year later which goes more in depth.

I case you were wondering, yes this is what I do for 'fun'.

:sorryforthecrosstalk:
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: