Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I had a major scare in my life today. I woke up extra early, 4 AM, to get started on my coffee roasting for holiday gifts. Micro roasting is very time-consuming. But so worth it! I was 6 pounds into my plan of 15 pounds when all of a sudden my roaster stopped. WTH!😮

True, nothing last forever but this roaster only has about 200 roasting hours on it. Anyhow instant panic. I immediately started obsessing that I’d be drinking Folgers. 🤮Redundant, these thoughts were because I was panicking.

I ground up some of the beans I just roasted, Costa Rican, which by the way is one of the best every day coffees there is. More on that later if you like .......Then I took the cup that I brewed and walked around the house looking out the windows collecting myself. Serious coffee drinkers will understand that.

I hypothesized that the 20° temperature outside may have made The coffee roaster work harder than it liked, thus shutting itself down. Fire is always a concern when you roast coffee.

To this end, that is correct. As I breathe A huge sigh of relief. I knocked out three more pounds and now I’m letting the roaster rest as the temperature outside continues to rise

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: