Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Saw the movie Boyhood. Sorry I wasted 2 hours of my day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
YES, so glad it just wasn't me who felt that way!

(2 hours and 45 minutes to be exact if you're counting, and believe me after about an hour you will)
OH! I loved it!

It was very long, but I watched it at home, and took a couple of mid-movie breaks to cook dinner and make a phone call, so it didn't feel interminable to me at all.

I really appreciated the simple beauty of it.

I also saw the 'Imitation Game' recently. I liked it because I'm really happy Alan Turing's story is being told, but it felt more like a 2-part Masterpiece Theatre production, rather than a feature film. And while I'm grateful Turing's story is being told and he is being recognized for his genius and his incredible accomplishments - I was disappointed that they glossed over/barely touched upon the tragic end of his life, the government administered chemical castration, the loss of his career, the loss of his motor functions, the scorn of society - all because he was gay.