View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #14
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Former classical pianist....

I trained in classical piano from age 7 1/2 to age 13 with the late Walter Gianinni, an Italian organist and pianist who taught piano to a lot of kids in the NJ suburban community. My mom heard that there was a community music school through Montclair State College in Montclair NJ and they placed me with Mr. Mark Pakman, a defector from the Moscow Conservatory who also taught at Julliard. Within two weeks I was learning more about expression and technique than I had in years. We had a very positive working relationship for 10 years when I went away to college to major in music performances and composition. I had decided to see my now married ex partner for a weeks vacation over in England and my mom met me at the airport with a letter from my stepfather which read that if I went I'd finish my semester then move back home without any privileges and rights and finish my degree in community college. I knew at the time that I'd never get anywhere in the biz there, so when mom said it's up to you you're 18 I got on the plane and didn't come home for 4 years. I was hopelessly sex and love addicted as well as angry at the homophobic discrimination I faced. I did an Ellen before Ellen was Ellen.

My parents have grown past that incident but in one significant way I have not: I stopped playing piano. It brings back so many feelings of shame and anger. I have a piano in my home but am afraid to play it. I just don't want to put myself through the torture. But there's a little kid inside that loved it and misses it.

Question: if anyone of you has reclaimed your instrument how did you do it? What made the difference?.
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post: