Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

This question:

2. If you wear cotton boxers do you iron them?

Reminded me of the one time my mom let my dad buy his own boxers. By way of set up, picture banker who wore suits to work every day. Slacks and polo on the weekend, tennis gear, swim suit. That's about as expansive as his wardrobe choices were. Those items of clothing he could be trusted to purchase without issue.

Apparently dad wasn't aware that men's boxers came in cotton or permanent press; there may be other options now of which I'm unaware. He brought home his new boxers, wore them, put them in the laundry bin and thought no more about it.

My mom sorted the laundry, washed the boxers, dried the boxers and then left them on my dad's side of their bed. After a fairly short conversation once he got home from work, my father understood that a) my mom was not going to iron his underwear, and b) since it had been worn and washed, he couldn't return the underwear to the store, and c) these new boxers weren't 20 years old and hadn't gone through sufficient washings to make them soft enough to use as dusting rags.

Thanks for taking me on a walk down memory lane.

P.S. At Christmas I'll post about sending dad out alone to get a small Christmas tree.