View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:47 AM   #1051
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,919 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I love this saying! Years ago, a small company I worked for used to give out awards to employees who went above and beyond the call of duty and called it The Extra Mile Award. If you earned that award, which I did on several occasions, your name was highlighted in the monthly company newsletter to employees and if you earned enough 'outstanding extra mile awards' the company would promote you or give you an annual raise worth more than an regular annual raise in pay or treat you to an undisclosed surprise at the end of the year (usually right after Christmas).
Very nice!
However in this day and age in the work place it seems one must always go above and beyond the call of duty and then you still might come into work one day and be told " SO SORRY your position has been eliminated" I am SO glad to be out of that friggin rat race!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: