Thread: Kavenaugh OMG
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 05:12 PM   #9
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
So, even though I'm a strong feminist and pro-choice advocate I don't think Kavanaugh's hostility towards women's autonomy is the most solid case against his appointment. Honoring settled law is an important concept, but the SCOTUS upheld anti-sodomy laws in 1986. That was 'settled law' for many years. Not that I'm equating the two, but I don't think a philosophy of rigid adherence to settled law is a good way to choose jurists because then we're mired in arguments about which settled laws we're inclined to keep.

Kavanaugh has perjured himself more than a few times. That's why the White House and the Senate Judiciary Committee have so zealously tried to keep his records secret. Kavanaugh is a fervent partisan who had no trouble promoting sordid conspiracy theories about Vince Foster's suicide, for instance. He has also sanctimoniously claimed that anyone who has ever committed perjury, (Bill Clinton), is unfit to serve. This article succinctly sums up the obvious:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-hearings.html
Wow, Cheryl in NYC! I'm very impressed with the way you write! If you aren't an attorney, I'll bet you would have been a great one. Maybe a prosecutor in the Southern District of New York? They are fierce!

As for Kavenaugh, whenever I hear that someone may be of questionable character --on TV or even in person, I love to observe--okay, I mean obsessively scrutinize their behavior for telltale signs that confirm their shady reputations.
If anyone has a chance to see him again on TV, see if you notice that his smile seems genuine only for his fellow white, middle aged Republican pals, but otherwise you can tell he's a phony because his lips may be smiling, but his eyes look condescending, cold and malevolent.
When Kamala Harris started bearing down on him, he shot a look at her that could have melted paint off a car.
Clearly he does not appreciate assertive women, especially those of color.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post: