View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #39
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I really don't know if it's possible, but I am always hopeful!

The wonderful special someone in my life will, I'd like to think, like my klutzy-angel side. That if I give them an notebook, they will journal about all the things that they like about me, things that spur their imagination, that causes them to wonder in delight about me (things brought up.in an recent HONY video I saw just today).

I just watched a video on f.b., which is an ongoing series about human relationships of the romantic kind. It touched my heart. Romantic relationship ideas from people of all ages!

I've talked at length on the forum boards here about all types of things I'm looking for in an romantic relationship, but I think most important to me is that I'd hope the person I become involved with will truly accept me for who I am. That they'll see that my whole life up to now is more than just about all the things that have shaped me into who I am, with regard to any factor in that process, whether it was good, bad or ugly.

I think, still, that there's someone out there who truly gets me. Who adores me and is not abashed by views I hold which might not align significantly with their own. I'm an independent thinker, I am independent in my political philosophy, as well.

I am okay with my single status, but I won't want an romantic relationship where equity between the two of us is compromised in ways that leaves either person feeling like they have to watch what they say or can't be open or honest about their feelings either.

In my mind, the person who is "Wonderful" will embrace me for who I am and be not only enthralled with me, but be real in their relationship expectations and be willing to be delightfully surprised by my entire personality.

To me, as I age, it seems impractical to become involved romantically if mutual attraction and an reasonable set of like-mindedness is not present from the get go.

Anyway....if you get a chance to view the latest video by Humans of New York (HONY), S1: E4 -- Relationships, then check it out. I enjoyed watching it and could identify with those who participated in the latest subject for people who are either in a relationship and happy or just barely age 7 and trying to have an intelligent conversation about these types of things.
Thanks for posting about Humans of New York (HONY), S1: E4
I do not have Facebook, is it available somewhere else do you or anyone else know?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote