cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Yes, males 18-25 are required to register with Selective Service. But that doesn't have anything to do with registering to vote.

This article discusses how the voter turnout for youth was the highest this past election than in the past quarter century. https://mashable.com/article/youth-v.../#ItpCW_yGqPqaq

"The youth generation is proving itself to be a very powerful force that demands to be heard and demands leaders to be responsive to their vision for a progressive and inclusive America, which is really important because by 2020, they will comprise nearly 40 percent of the electorate," says DeWitt.

It does state that there are many who did not vote too, but that can be seen in all age groups.
Really glad the youth has decided to become a little more active. There seemed to somewhat of a hiatus of youth activism during the 90s until the recent years. Most of the HIV activism was done by boomers who had to shoulder much already from the ERA through LGBTQ rights including marriage equality.

Many Boomers were getting weary with no help or relief on the horizon.

What I was writing of earlier is that 18~24year olds were automatically registered to vote at age 18 with signing up for the draft. No,I'm not advocating a draft, just selective service and voter registration could somehow be linked. That's my idea for the men.
Any suggestions how to automatically register the women?