View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 06:01 PM   #5666
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Mentally and physically exhausted.

I wasn't supposed to work today but I went in for a few hours to catch up before the weekend since I'd been out all week for the holidays.

2 hours after I got in our street was filled with police and K-9 unit and state troopers and other trucks I couldn't name. Police hiding behind cars with guns drawn, dogs everywhere, sirens everywhere. I put our building on lockdown and called police to see what on earth was going on. All they could tell me was there was a "situation" at the church a block up the road. I asked if we should be on lockdown, they couldn't tell me. I asked if there was a person at large to watch for, they couldn't tell me. It was another 2 1/2 hours before we would know there was a bomb threat with a person saying they had an AR-15 ready to shoot any police who came.

We put the child care children into shelter in place in one room in the basement. I ran around the upper floors putting all the residents who were home to shelter in place in another location up there. All while remaining calm to not freak out children and adult residents more than they already were. Then it was just watching and waiting. Quiet inside, sirens and chaos outside.

News hardly reporting anything other than heavy police presence.

Eventually, hours later, the pastor at the church was able to say that their surveillance cameras didn't show anyone entering or leaving the church and that it must have been a false alarm. But they weren't saying anything about police actually having searched the church physically, so we waited longer.

Eventually all but two police cars left the scene. Roads were still closed. But we got parents to get their children from the daycare and we got the residents of our buildings out of shelter and went into an uncomfortable space of more waiting.

But we're clear now, though I still don't know what happened. At least I'm home and it seems the danger has been cleared. My spouse brought me home CBD infused tea and whiskey which I will partake in shortly. That will help settle my nerves. Spouse is driving my daughter to a party and picking her back up after so I don't have to be responsible for that. I need to just decompress.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: