Old 04-04-2019, 01:57 PM   #7686
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I made a collage for a project at work. On one side was a photo, and the other was non-flat mixed media: gold flakes, gears, pressed flowers, glitter, etc. I used the Satin Modge Podge recommended by Lyte because I really liked how it came out on Lyte's project. It did look good on the flat photo but was "meh" on the non-flat mixed media side of my collage. Probably that side of my collage I should have used a spray. I needed to seal the objects and glitter on top but the Satin tamped them down and took away their shine and 3-day effect. It was still nice but could have been better- the side that was mixed media - nonflat. What do you all think of my idea to use a spray for next time, unless it's a simple flat paper clipping or photo? I felt like the Satin not only impeded the 3-day-ness of it but also took away the shine of the glitter and gold flakes and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Adding: for the collage, I used a sticky board (so fun), but I do need to find a way in the future to seal over the design without taking away it's sparkle and 3-day effect. Spray maybe?
I would seal as you go with whatever you choose and then use a spray as the final sealant. You can pick and choose along the process whether you use gloss or matte finishes and that could help you with the 3D effect you are trying to achieve. I bet it still looks super cute!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: