Old 02-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #6796
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Should we up it to 7 as a new policy to accommodate rising costs?
That sounds reasonable to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This may be the single best stone that knocks out the most number of birds!

If all agree to a fixed box size this is control the size if the crafts and the cost of shipping. It will also eliminate the need for the wrangler to figure out how to reship the finished crafts. if everyone uses the same (similar) small flat rate boxes then the resorted crafts could reship in the same box for the same cost. I particularly dig using the USPS small flat rate boxes because the boxes are free!

P.S. ... Matchboxes??

P.S.S ... The magnet on my twinchie will only hold itself up. lol
Matchboxes.

You can find examples on Pinterest or YouTube.

As for requiring specific packaging, I'm not a fan. I'm not going to require a flat box when we do crafts that will easily ship in padded envelopes. That's additional expense for nothing. My vote is that we package our goodies according to their size and bulk and to take that into consideration when sending money to wranglers. Some already do that and send extra when their goodies are bigger and/or heavier than most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I think we should do the small sized filled matchboxes, where you fill the inside of the box full to the brim with tiny treats. Any ideas for themes?

I always have the same worry with matchboxes though with too many people joining and making it a project that's difficult to produce. But I know I'm the only one who likes caps on numbers.
Nope; you're not the only one. Matchboxes are far more time and cost intensive than the average project so the list should have a cap to manage those. The only way I'd vote for not having a cap with this project is if we wound up getting twice the time to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners View Post
I have an idea for the theme...
What if we tailored each matchbox for each person that participates?

Like we could each post a blurb about listed about 10 things we like, or are into, or collect, you would have ideas of what to put inside the matchbox.

Mine mght say:
nanners: the color purple, cats, traveling, cooking, baking, rainbows, tulips...you get the idea...

Then you could choose one or more of those to expound on for my matchbox.

Thoughts?

Oh, and I agree we should all try to do the same size, the small ones like matches come in.

This is such a cute idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
I'm going to be a Debbie Downer for a second. This is where my concerns for dong individualized matchboxes for say 10 people, which is about average here. Finding and buying all those disparate different things to fill the matchboxes with could be difficult and costly.
You have a point but don't forget that not all matchboxes need to be filled with 'things'. Some simply have images or drawings inside, like your own personal mural. That would easily be doable and would absolutely be able to accommodate ideas like nan's and also be very cost effective.

I'm down for matchboxes. I'm down for a cap on the project but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if we get more time to work on the project. I'm not down for a holiday theme but personal themes sound good to me. If no one is up for it, I'd be down for wrangling. Now, this IS that type of project that really needs those shipping boxes, so I'd recommend $8 per participant for shipping.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: