View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #389
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trump Unveils List of Potential Supreme Court Nominees...

President Trump on Wednesday released his updated list of potential Supreme Court nominees and called on Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden to follow suit.

“Should there be another vacancy on the Supreme Court during my presidency, my nominee will come from the names I have shared with the American public,” Trump said in announcing the list. “Joe Biden has refused to release his list, perhaps because he knows the names are so extremely far-left.”

The new list adds 20 new names including Senators Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Josh Hawley of Missouri as well as Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron. Judge Amy Coney Barrett, who is considered a likely next pick to fill a potential vacancy, remains on the list, as do Senator Mike Lee of Utah and Judge Amul Thapar.

Cotton said in a statement that he is “honored” to be named on the list, adding, “the Supreme Court could use some more justices who understand the difference between applying the law and making the law.”

Cruz expressed his appreciation as well, saying he is “grateful for the president’s confidence in me and for his leadership in nominating principled constitutionalists to the federal bench.”

The revamped list garnered praise from pro-life advocates who hope that a conservative majority of justices could overturn the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion nationwide.

The new list is “filled with all-stars” and “reflects the president’s firm and proven commitment to only nominating Supreme Court justices who will respect the Constitution and the inalienable right to life,” Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of Susan B. Anthony List and national co-chair of the Trump’s campaign’s Pro-Life Voices for Trump, launched in January.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: