View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #31
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Well...

I hear myself in some of the words of Debby, Claybabytwo and Scandal Andy. People have and can affect me deeply, so I have begun to cultivate a way to live that does not get me clover picking down a road of "They love me. They love me not." There is work yet to be done.

I question some of my feelings and reactions now as part of that work. And when I have a nagging urge to get on a bicycle and ride an hour, like tonight, or dance around the house, or just do what my soul-that-would-be-happy wants me to, I do. And I am learning to do that regardless of whether or not I think someone is demanding my attention. Spending a lot of time alone has helped me pick up on my own clues.

And in that vein, I take on people's problems and responsibilities. I know why I'm a "fixer," and I think recognizing and acknowledging that is part of the changing process. I also believe that with self awareness comes trust. The body directs us to what we really need, like, want, desire, crave. I believe that. I just have to live that belief on a more consistent basis.

Thank you for this thread, ER. It's a good one. :-)