Old 09-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #33
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaSink View Post
I've gotten angry twice this year.
Wow. Angry twice in 8 & a half months? That's fairly remarkable. I get angry far more frequently.

A few of the issues I personally lord over:

• I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to the written/spoken word. (And, surely, I will make some egregious spelling error or grammatical blunder now that I've owned up to this). It really bugs me when folks incorrectly use words like to/too/two, there/they’re/their, its/it’s and your/you’re. I also get pretty irritated by the use of the word irregardless (although, according to my version of Microsoft Word, it is, in fact, a word). Why these things bother me so much I have no idea. Others may have issues with the overuse of commas, which I’m pretty sure I offered an example of in my previous, parenthetical, statement. I’m not sure what steps I can take to change this. (Advice welcome, but I think it just kind of boils down to I’m a bit of a bitch.)

• I’m extremely self-critical and can be mean to myself. (Working on it. Always, always working on it.)

• Like ElijahRene, I too have a tendency to think whatever group I am a part of is somehow superior to whatever the "other" group is. This doesn’t seem congruent with my previous point, but it’s nonetheless true. I also tend to call this behavior out when I see/hear/perceive it in other folks. Hmmm… that’s kind of interesting to me. I will ponder more on this.

Love the thread, ER.

Last edited by Red Dirt Girl; 09-13-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: formatting
Red Dirt Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Red Dirt Girl For This Useful Post: