Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dirt Girl View Post
A few of the issues I personally lord over:

• I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to the written/spoken word. (And, surely, I will make some egregious spelling error or grammatical blunder now that I've owned up to this). It really bugs me when folks incorrectly use words like to/too/two, there/they’re/their, its/it’s and your/you’re. I also get pretty irritated by the use of the word irregardless (although, according to my version of Microsoft Word, it is, in fact, a word). Why these things bother me so much I have no idea. Others may have issues with the overuse of commas, which I’m pretty sure I offered an example of in my previous, parenthetical, statement. I’m not sure what steps I can take to change this. (Advice welcome, but I think it just kind of boils down to I’m a bit of a bitch.)
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I am so happy you said this. All of these things drive me crazy too. I don't care if it makes me a "snob". It's just me and I will always be like this. I can't seem to help it! I can be a sloppy typist--but that's an entirely different matter. The misuse of homonyms and the invented words make me shudder. Don't get me started on "orientate" or "conversate".

(And I think your comma usage is just fine and dandy!)
Library_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Library_girl For This Useful Post: