View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #7
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Biden has a long track record so we can see a lot of mistakes made in different times, but if he had been the nominee in 2016, Trump would not be President. The thing about Biden to me is even though he did some of the same shit I can't forgive Bill Clinton for, because he is not the complete cynical power monger Bill and even Hillary could be, I can get past it. Biden is a relatively decent person, something no aware person could ever say about Bill Clinton.

For a mainstream Dem, Biden has done right by unions. Bill Clinton made his career out of destroying them. There's a world of difference there. When Bill started seeing that Hillary was losing working people, he basically said to her campaign, you can fool these folks. I have. The only President who has done more harm than Clinton in my lifetime is Reagan. And I include Trump and W. It's true that Biden participated in the harms done in the Clinton era, especially his support for mass incarceration. But I think he is redeemed (barely) by his support for unions and by the fact that he is not, at his core, a cynical asshole.