View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #34
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shoot!

I just deleted a post I had written, by bumping something...?! Darn it!

In a nutshell, I DON'T care for that "beating a dead horse" emoticon - at all. And I'm personally glad there are programs/organizations for protecting animals against abuse, just sayin'...

Just goes to show ya, where we are all at different places in our realities with varying values and such... (and I think I have a pretty good sense of humor too).
___

And I also wrote that with ALL that has been hashed out in previous "community" sites on this type of topic or "issue of concern" over so many years, I would hope that a BRAND NEW SITE nips the sexist, anti-woman shit right away! Unfortunately, it will probably be an ongoing struggle though. Folks do need to speak out, or we just won't be as special as we truly know that we are. I'm proud to be queer.

It has all been so hurtful to so many - for WAY TOO LONG NOW. Is it worth a "laugh", that causes so much pain? And why would anyone be acting/feeling challenged here to anyone standing up against this? (Women feeling hurt, or someone thinking/believing something is uncomfortable for them to see or if it feels misogynist to them, that is.) What kind of energy is that to put out here, or anywhere? I don't understand that, really (?)

This site WAS started by two women, inviting everyone to join. How considerate.

Now, the link was not showing a rape, but yes to women as simply a piece of ass. That is where the atrocities against women are continually encouraged, with beginning disregard for being a human being at all, and often utilizing humor to get this message out "non-offensively"... (?) I didn't laugh at it, but can see how someone might find it humorous, the "joke" hypnotizing part of it... but, then where and why did we develop to finding this funny? That is what folks are asking others to consider and really think about here, IMHO. What perpetuates this mentality?

One way of thinking does lead to women being hurt, to varying degrees. It really does. Some ways are very "subtle". Is the blatant the only thing that needs to be addressed?

I don't want to support that, which is against me - and especially not in our community. I find it very sad actually.

And yes, this is just a "fun and fluff" thread. Passing a joke about is not the same as opening a thread - that is for the world now historically representing (NOT!) what the founders of this site are trying/hoping/wishing to send as a positive message in our community and to the world at large - or showing us "going at it" with each other over these kinds of demeaning against women topics. And for us also to have a respectful place, to and for ourselves. Feel safe. Comfort. Home away from home...

Plus, I believe if any part of our community is "hurt" we all suffer - in so many different ways. It diminishes us as a whole for one, that is for certain. We should be strong for having suffered, and this just further weakens us (again in my humble opinion). It's like throwing our own, to the "bad guys". How pleasant.

I truly hope some folks don't think new site = green light to come and be "piggish" and/or disregard people's feelings. That is so OLD. Changes should bring about new opportunities for growth and understanding, I would hope so anyway. (And this is not about the opening poster at all! Just my response about reactions and concerns folks have - which I completely understand, support and agree with.)

And I can see why some "butches" would also take offense to this on another level as well.

So, it's about sensitivity and "representing" mostly to me here at this point...(?)

Hope this made any sense. Good luck everyone!

PEACE!
Wildcat