Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Boosting........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy_coated_bitch View Post
FILLED MATCHBOX EXTRAVAGANZA

The premise: Create one (1) matchbox per partner. (The sign up will be limited to 8 participants total.) Choose a color scheme and decorate your matchboxes in the color scheme. Try to use around two main colors. Then, fill your matchboxes to the brim with tiny goodies that fit your color scheme. Some ideas are colored paper clips, other tiny clips, small rocks, beads, brads, buttons, single stickers, bits of ribbon, tiny origami, paper scraps, etc. Try to be creative. This project DOES potentially have a cost to it because of the filling of the matchboxes and the mailing costs, but as most of us have a craft stash if we're creative we should be able to come up with a lot of items. Also hit up Dollar stores, the $1 section at Michael's, Target, etc.

Dates: Sign ups between Monday July 1st and Monday July 8th. (One week.)

I'm thinking six weeks to complete the project, but I am open to feedback on this. Six weeks from July 8th puts us at a due date of Monday August 19th and a grace period late late date of August 26th. They MUST be in my paws by that time. Please include $5 for shipping.

It's really a simple project so I can't think of more explanation but please ask questions if you need clarification.

1) CCB
2) clay
3) nanners
4) nycfem
5)
6)

RULES AS AGREED UPON TO BE ADDED AT THE END OF EACH PROJECT:
"For 2019, the rule is if one of our projects is received by the wrangler more than seven days after the due date, or one of us drops out of a project for whatever reason, that person is welcome to continue posting but is not allowed to sign up for a group project again until six months from the latest date that the project was supposed to be due. No exceptions. This rule applies to participants and to wranglers. Wranglers must mail out projects within one week of the latest date that the projects were supposed to be due. In addition to waiting six months before being able to join a penpal project, the person who has not met the latest deadline must post directly on the penpal thread within a week of missing the latest deadline stating that they have not adhered to the deadline (reason is welcome to be included or does not have to be) and, most importantly, the date on which they will be able to return to participating in the penpal projects. They must scroll back and add themselves to the bottom of the list of any other participants who have not met the late date for any project for 2018 & 2019. If that is not done, then the member is welcome to participate in the thread with "thanks" and reps and thread chat but not to participate in any future projects for 2019. The reason for this is personal responsibility, so that we have a running record right on the thread that is easy to refer back to when needed. And for the purposes of clarification, if someone drops out before the deadline to sign up has been closed then they are not excluded from future projects because they are still following the rules.

Example: Bitsy misses the late date for a project. Within a week of that late date she must scroll down and find the most recent list of people who have missed the late date in 2018 and copy that list to a new post and add herself. Bitsy's post would look something like this:

'Sorry, I had the bird flu and missed the late date of 2/21/18. I can start participating in new projects on 8/21/18. I have added myself to the list below:

1. Tony (missed the late date of 1/28/19, able to participate 7/28/19)
2. Bitsy (missed the late date of 2/21/19, able to participate 8/21/19)'

This rule must be posted in its entirety at the bottom of all new projects that are being wrangled so that members can thoughtfully consider whether we wish to commit to a new project."

Please if you are currently timed out put yourself on the list and the dates of your time out because I am not responsible for doing that.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: