Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I don't know if you are referring to my post but I've never considered living in Canada a consolation prize. I've talked about it for years and the last few years (with spouse) have looked at it seriously and even chosen a place or two that we think we would enjoy. It's kind of a shock to see anyone would have a problem with someone who's dreamed of living Canada- as if you owned it personally. You don't. It belonged to the indigenous people who lived there thousands of years before your family got there, so technically you are a the product of immigrants and the empire building of England and whose sub ligation of it's people allowed you to take over their country and claim it as your own.

Don't worry, I'm sure you will be able to keep your playground intact. Nobody will want to come where they are not welcomed. But let me make a prediction and say when you have poisoned your land and water with tar sands and killed all your trees and your land is barren, you will cry and beg that America will let you in and I am sure we will be far more welcoming then the reception then you gave me in this thread. Peace.

You really think you'll be around after we have poisoned our land and water? I give you , maybe a year. It'll be your companies, your corporations, your energy companies, your drive for capital that destroys us all. we are your liberal , "nice" neighbours...and if you destroy your own country, we have little doubt you'll eat and destroy us first.

So, please don't go on about how we will have killed off everything you look for up here...you'll have levelled and laid us to waste long before you start eating your young.

We struggle to survive being your neighbours but we know full well you will not respect anything about our survival or culture if yours is at stake.

Want to come here? Great! But come because you love what you see is possible here, not because you think we are are just mini versions the USA... and not because we exist only in your shadow and will come begging for help once you've raped everything we fight so hard to protect.

Kitttygrll..we really are a decent, peaceful and culturally respectful country. If you don't believe that, you, honestly, don't need to have us on your wish list. But please do find some other country to bash. Long as you leave us alone, we'll be fine and we will treat refugees, even yours, with generosity and respect.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: