Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I don't think you ever heard me say I wanted to live in Canada because I think of it as a mini U.S. That is so wrong! I've visited Canada on so many occasions and have loved the people I met and the peaceful nature of your country. I consider myself a person without a country as many indigenous people of the Americas have. My people were killed by the thousands by disease introduced by missionaries. Our land and country stolen. Our people shot with cannonballs. That fire still burns bright whenever I think about it. But that is the past and there is no way I will ever get my country back again. The U.S is a violent society and while there are beautiful things here, it doesn't make up for all the ugly things I see. As far as the destruction of both lands because of oil and natural gas you don't have to be a prophet to see it is happening in Canada to an alarming degree and I don't understand why Canadians are not stopping it. In any case, it seems some here want to jump to conclusions about my motives without first asking why I've wanted to move there. I have stated a few and to be honest I really don't believe I should have even had to explain myself at all but I don't like it when someone assumes they know my motives. Maybe Canada isn't as wonderful as I always believed it to be. It's fine, if I have the time I will dream another dream.
I suppose I was simply responding to your prediction that "... when you have poisoned your land and water with tar sands and killed all your trees and your land is barren, you will cry and beg that America will let you in and I am sure we will be far more welcoming then the reception then you gave me in this thread". My question is :Why would you want to come here if you believe we will be begging you (America ) to go there? I don't think most Canadians see themselves that way or headed to such a bleak future.

I actually believe you would be quite welcome and happy here if that is what you would like to do. On the whole, we really are trying to be a peaceful, welcoming and liveable nation.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post: