Old 11-29-2020, 07:35 AM   #5076
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good for you, Georgia! I'm not sure I'd be up and at 'em so quickly after surgery. One day at a time and one step at a time.

Today, I get in to the gym before anyone else and it's amazing. I love having the place to myself and watching the sunrise but then a couple comes in when I was almost done and the wife has a disposable mask around her chin. Right from the gate! Rude.

So, I finished at the elliptical and went back to where they have the rebounder (I love that thing!) and she was nearby so I said something. I wasn't too bitchy or hateful; just reminded her we're supposed to wear the mask the whole time we're inside the building. She didn't acknowledge me at all but did slide the mask up.

Of course, two minutes later, she pulled it down again. I got frustrated and finished what I was doing and remarked to her that maybe she would take it seriously if someone she loved died and left. I also called the gym and left a message for the staff that if it's possible to lodge a formal complaint against someone I didn't know, I wanted to do it. They have cameras and I know when they came in so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who they are. The disregard for other people is so frustrating and disheartening.

My stats for today are: 358 calories burned (give or take) and 2.93 miles traveled for 45 minutes with an average pace of 15.21. I was at the 5000+ mark for steps when I got home but was so riled up by gym lady that I opted to walk some more so I'm resting comfortably at 8673 steps so far today, with the bulk of the day to go still. It's going to be a very nice number by day's end, which is good because I was a loaf yesterday and only got 5219 steps in the whole day. My step goals are at least 10,000 for the whole day, which is usually manageable except when I faceplant myself into Netflix and don't come up for air except for meals, which I may or may not have done yesterday.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: