View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
ravfem

How Do You Identify?:
i'm a girl
Relationship Status:
negative

Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,269 Posts
ravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputationravfem Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
don't be sad...ever!!!!

For me, entering into my relationship was almost offensive to some people and I couldn't figure out why. I had people tell me to my voice, "i don't think You are a submissive bottom". I also had people enter my space and bash me anonymously...it was weird. My experience is that sometimes people just wanna believe what they wanna believe. My life has been more strategic than that. I didn't just wake up one day feeling this way.

I think the right answer is relative, just like education/knowledge. It would be nice to know that our community here and out there has the head space to work on the conscious concept of the "less than" idea and how they participate in reversing this kind of thinking. It pertains to all of us in some form or fashion.
i've run into this since my first days out in the local kink community here in SC, over 10 years ago. The whole "she is sooooo not a top" judgmental crowd, who then whine about being judged by nillas.

Interestingly, it's been directed at bio-female bottoms/subs/slaves just as often as i've heard it in regards to male or butch tops/doms/owners....actually, now that i think about it, i've heard it more often at female bottoms than anyone else, but that's probably only because around here there aren't that many male or butch bottoms who are active in the groups.

i just know i dislike hearing the judgement, no matter who it's directed at. And yes, i partook of the judgements myself at first, but my Leather Mama taught me long ago that one never knows the dynamics involved in a relationship unless you're privy to it, so best keep your judgements to yourself.

Who am i to say who is or isn't anything??