How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,123 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by introverted1 View Post
Yes, it's a dime store and it's wonderful... the owner of the building is raising the rent to the point where they are driving small businesses out.
I hate this phenomenon. One of our iconic shopping centers (Toco Hills) was bought about a year or so ago, and they have raised the rents to the place that all the good mom-and-pop stores are moving out. Just last Friday, Bagel Palace closed - the source of the best and most authentic bagels in Atlanta, not to mention the best whitefish salad. They have also closed a shoe store, a jeweler and a pub I liked. The stores that are staying are big chain grocery stores and places like Ace Hardware. This same development company has bought other shopping centers in Atlanta, and they have become all the same, no more locally owned businesses, all chain stores.

I don't care how many Massage Envy chains move into Toco Hills, all my reasons for shopping there are leaving.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: