Ebon

How Do You Identify?:
With my souls eyes.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
lol

Thanked 11,145 Times in 2,755 Posts
Ebon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST ReputationEbon Has the BEST Reputation

Although I don't practice any religion I am deeply spiritual and I find this thread absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing your experience. Mennonite is one religion I have never studied but it sounds interesting. I'm fascinated by all religions and what people believe in. Not in a bad or condescending way, just because I have my own way of practicing my spirituality and dealing with being queer and I love to learn about people's different beliefs. I grew up baptist but I grew out of it.

"However, it was that relationship that made me get a grip on my fear, a grip on the shame that flooded my soul and a grip on standing up for myself and getting out of that relationship."

This resonated with me. It sounds like a hell of a lesson that you learned.

"First, health... the law about seperating a person from the whole."

I'm interested to know more about this as well.

"The third category, and this is where the homosexuality being wrong falls under, Procreation. God wanted the nation of Isreal to grow, so. "do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman" is the most used scripture, after Soddom and Ghomorah, to condemn homosexuality. But along with that was also such laws as "do not have sex with your wife 7 days prior, 7 days of and 7 days after her period. Why? Well, the one week out of the month where it was "lawful" to have sex with your wife, was also the week she would be most fertile. Again, the list goes on."

I saw a documentary called "For The Bible Tells Me So" and some of the "experts" were saying that these types of laws were in place because the population was so low and they were trying to get people to procreate.

Thank you for this thread!

I'm a Soul Rebel

http://wannabereverend.wordpress.com/

Spirituality is not a belief system or ideology, it is the surrender of one's ego to the infinite wisdom and knowledge that is the universe.
Ebon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ebon For This Useful Post: