View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 10:44 AM   #10
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I have some questions if you don't mind. Do you do this 7 days a week or just a portion of the week? How do you get all of the nutrition your body needs in just 2 meals? Do you use additional supplements or vitamins?

I think that's it for now. I kind of fell into intermittent fasting by accident on the Sundays that I work since my work schedule is in the middle of the day and really doesn't allow for my normal 3 meals (unless I eat dinner very late, which I don't like) so I have some interest in possibly expanding it to more times during the week. I'm not sure I could do it 7 days a week.
Hi Gemme-
You’ve been around these parts for long enough to probably recall a decade ago when we were both in the healthy weight loss thread. Intermittent fasting at that time didn’t have the press it enjoys now but that’s when I discovered it for myself as being helpful for losing weight. Since I get hungry about every four hours after I start eating for the day I ended up eating too much, cutting that down to 2 1/2 made it easier for me at the time. Now I’m engaging with it for other reasons (I do have some pounds to takeoff too, and it’s working).

I have bumped my fasting interval from 16 to 18 in order to drop out that other half/small meal because I found that portion to not be adding anything nutritionally, just macros. Since I’ve only been doing this interval for about six days that makes the answer to your question about seven days a week “I don’t know“. So far it feels great and meets some other goals so I will try to continue and just play with it.

As far as meeting my nutritional needs I’m finding it to be pretty simple by simply cutting out anything processed or refined. Variety in vegetables and meats is key for me. Part of my current project is to reset my pallet, I got to a point where my taste buds were really only recognizing sweet and salty so I was ignoring other things that are really good for me. It’s amazing to me how much that has changed in just a couple of weeks, I’m now incorporating more sour and bitter and really enjoying it while tapering down on sweet things with no feeling of sacrifice.

When it comes to supplementing that is something I’ve done my entire life though mostly just vitamins. This is the bigger part of my current health project. I’m really working on improving my bacterial environment and due to a recent diagnosis of osteopenia I am also really honing in on minerals. My goal is to do most of this through the foods that I eat but I acknowledge that things like depletion of soil and crop hybridizing have made it such that our food can’t really deliver all that we need so yes I am doing some supplementing.

TLDR: No, I never have a short answer.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: