Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have been so lucky to have been gifted books to read over the past 5 months. Books that I've read have become dear to my heart: Little Big Lies, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, Anna Karenina, Girl with the Pearl Earring, the lesbian romance novel -- Don't Forget -- was simply awesome, and of all of the books I've read, the one that will stay with me forever is The Help

Aibileen, she takes care of Baby Girl Mosley and she dotes on her daily because the baby's mother can't be bothered with nurturing her little girl. In fact, her mother is entirely wrapped up in keeping up appearances with her friends and people who espouse Jim Crow laws of the south. Aibileen would tell baby girl Mosley ..... "You is kind. You is smart. You is important."

I am still trying to finish White Palace, and I've got Philomena and The Jane Austen Book Club, yet to read....which I'm looking forward to reading those books!

I also received the book by Sedaris -- Squirrel Meets Chipmunk, but I dunno. There's all kinds of props for the book, inside the cover of the book, but I wasn't impressed with the 'fables' featured in Sedaris' book. I definitely do not recommend reading this book. Some people might like it, but I didn't.

All the other books are fantastic stories to read!

❤❤❤❤❤
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: