Old 04-24-2010, 01:55 AM   #69
The Oopster

How Do You Identify?:
transgender male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,655 Times in 759 Posts
The Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST ReputationThe Oopster Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwen View Post

On the microwave, make sure you don't have to reach higher than your belly to get into and out of it. Don't cook "heavy" as in weight foods. I tried to think of things before I left but missed that one. I felt awful 'cause Conner was REALLY hungry when he called me to tell me about the food in the microwave that he couldn't get down.

The rotating tray in microwave is at belly button level!

Don't plan on cooking a

Quote:
I drained the drains based on levels. The first 2-3 days it was about 3-4 hours I think and then tapered off a lot. If someone has a weak stomach, don't ask them to do it. They'll make it worse.
Goin to try to call the person tomorrow that is suppose to go with me to find out what is grossometer is
Quote:
Here's hoping you don't have to do the drains but if you do, just get someone who won't be a wuss. (I actually was worried I would be a wuss.)
I really hope not. I really got the impression that it would be more likely that I wouldn't. When I asked about it just felt like he only does it if there's a lot. I'm not as worried about the gross factor and the pain in the neck part of the tubes, it's just having an added source of risk of infection. If he can do it via a needle I say go for it. I go back in at 10 am the next day.

Quote:
Oh, get extra no-stick tape and cotton pads BEFORE the surgery. They will not give you enough. Get some tongue depressors too because they are awesome for smearing stuff on the areas.
Will add to the list
Quote:
One thing that helped Conner a lot was getting some big water jugs for the fridge. He drank a buttload of water.

I have a speciall water filter i already drink around a gallon a day.

Thanks hun for all the tidbits
The Oopster is offline   Reply With Quote