Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
I highly recommend The Power of Community , which is not only a film with lessons on fresh, local food, but the film also provides a living example of a successful post Peak Oil transition. It's one of the essential docs in my library. The full film is available on line -

Here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84909067928384

or here

The Power of Community: How Cuba Survived Peak Oil - YouTube
The project launched in Havana is truly inspirational. having lived in Miami, born and raised, around lots of cubans, it was common to see even the smallest back yard growing papaya, yucca, tomatoes, limes and more. The Cubans are very resourceful people which comes from living on an island and in a poor country. I lived in the everglades on 18 acres and there was a cuban family close by. they raised hens, goats, pigs and more. I loved these people so much and they loved me. I learned a lot from them.

I have beating drums lately trying to motivate Occupy protesters to occupy farms and empty lots to begin a food growing revolution. If Cuba can do it so can we.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post: